Placenta Plus takes the use of its client’s personal information very seriously. In this document, we will set out what information we collect and hold, for the purpose of providing our services to you and how we will securely store that information. Please do take the time to read through our policy and familiarise yourself with its contents so that you are fully aware of your rights as a data subject and of our responsibilities to you.
Who we are?
For the purposes of data collection are registered offices are, Placenta Plus, 4 Pool Hey, Liverpool, L28 4EP.
What information do we collect?
Placenta Plus collects your data, including sensitive data, in a number of ways:
- When you submit booking requests through our website, when you email us data that we require to offer our services to you, when you message data through any of our social media channels.
- We collect data including, your name, address, due date, planned birth location, personal contact details and medical information that we require in order to assess your suitability for placenta encapsulation.
- We do not collect personal data from third parties. The only data we share with third parties are your name, address and birth location with our courier services.
- We have a robust storage policy in place to ensure the security of any data we collect.
How do we use personal information?
We use your personal information in a number of ways
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
- Testimonials – we may use information you send us for testimonials which we will use for marketing through our website and social media channels, these testimonials will never use personal information.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
- legitimate interests
- legal obligation
When do we share personal data?
Placenta Plus treats personal data confidentially and will only ever pass on information when it is necessary to administer our services to you, ie for the purposes of collecting your placenta and returning your products to you. Also in order to offer you Stripe and Klarna payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Stripe/Klarna, and in the case of Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with .”
How do we secure personal data?
- We protect data against accidental loss by having paper and electronic backups
- All data is secured securely using our storage and retention policies, copies of which can be made available on request. All electronic data is encrypted and password protected
- We use our electronic data to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- We restrict access to personal information by only allowing access to required Placenta Plus staff who are all CRB checked
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Placenta Plus will keep your personal information for 6 years, as required by law. We will only ever keep required information and nothing more. All data will be securely destroyed as soon as the law allows, a robust retention schedule is in place to ensure compliance.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under the GDPR, Placenta Plus respects the right of data subjects to access and control their personal data. In this privacy notice, our aim is to outline your rights in respect of:
- access to personal information
- correction and deletion
- withdrawal of consent
- restriction of processing and objection
- lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
You can exercise your rights in a number of ways. You can send us a subject data request. We will respond in writing within 10 working days confirming we have received your request and will. within a further 28 days provide you with a copy of all the data we hold on you. You have the right to request that any errors in our data be corrected and we have a legal obligation to make those corrections. We will always request suitable identification to ensure any subject access requests are made by the relevant client only. We will where requested delete your personal information unless this request prevents us from adhering to our legal requirements for retention. You can, at any time, withdraw your consent to allow Placenta Plus to gather or store your personal information by withdrawing your consent in writing to [email protected].
How to contact us?
Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, or how we use your personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint. You can contact us through the contact page on our website, through messaging any of our social media channels, by emailing [email protected] or by writing to us at Placenta Plus, 4 Pool Hey, Liverpool, L28 4EP. If you are not satisfied you can take your complaint to the Information Commissioner, further information can be found here https://ico.org.uk/.